Disclaimer: I have tried to keep the post strictly funny and only humorous So, I would, in all earnesty, recommend you to go ahead and debate on this with your parents! But remember to come back and give me the details. After all, I gave you the pointers, right?
So even you had a fight with your dad over this very famous govt. job/private job dilemma? I know your pain brother. Been there, done that! So, I thought of coming up with a different perspective on why our parents want us to go for Govt. jobs now more than ever.
1. Remember this term ‘Dowry‘, brother? Yes, yes, the same one Sheela Aunty was bragging about yesterday! Well, I say, if you have a govt. job, you can ask for dowry, irrespective of your gender and status. In all probability, the in-laws will readily agree. After all, you have a govt. job and getting it is a once-in-a-lifetime offer. They will have something to flaunt in front of those ‘chaar log‘.
2. Remember your cousin brother who called you last week, crying and narrating how he is illiterate and jobless. Remember how he was begging to get a job, although he had his own conditions. Now, if you grab a govt. job, you can give him a smart earning position in your office and help many other long- forgotten cousins and they’ll sing praises for you till eternity.
3. Now recall the time when you were a kid and you went to your father’s office to deliver his lunch box, which he forgot at home. You remember the ‘Ramu Bhaiya‘ serving tea and doing all odd jobs for the bosses? Well, you can have your very own personal Ramu Bhaiya who will do everything for you that is humanly possible and sometimes, even more.
4. Did I forget to mention the regular pay you will get even after retirement? I know, I know, it’s my own salary deduction, but hey!, psychological factors matter here and you have to (yes, I am forcing you to) believe that it’s govt.’s grace and their goodwill to pay you even after you have stopped working. Isn’t it tempting already?
5. And the best part is, you get special subsidies at every other general store and no one will argue even if you give another Rs. 20 less than the already subsidized rate especially for you. This is because, Raju again failed in the Xth Board exams and Gopi Chacha will need you to sign his false affidavit as a gazetted officer.
Sheela Aunty: Refer post ‘Top-10-Reasons-to-Date-A-Girl-Who-Loves-Fast-Food’
Chaar Log: Refer post ‘Top-10-Reasons-to-Date-A-Girl-Who-Loves-Fast-Food’
Ramu Bhaiya: The generic name given to all peons/attendants in govt. offices. Yes, it’s a pity no one cares what their real name is.
Gopi Chacha: Any other uncle who looks about your father’s age but you don’t know, neither are you interested in knowing, how is he related to you.
Raju: Any other brother in your neighborhood whom you can/not relate to and/or are not interested to.
P.S.: I do not have any special affection towards Govt. jobs, nor do I dislike them. The article is not intended to demean it’s value, but is written purely for entertainment purpose. Guys, pray for me so that I do not get sacked by my own dad’s lawyer friends.